This guide provides an introduction to research resources and the research process for members of the Counselor Education Department and others researching counselor education topics. In addition to the front page, be sure to consult the tabs above.
Feel free to contact me!
1. Select and understand your research topic and question.
2. Identify the major concepts in your topic and question.
3. Brainstorm potential keywords/terms that correspond to those concepts.
4. Identify alternative keywords/terms (narrower, broader, or related) to use if the first set of words doesn’t work.
5. Determine (Boolean*) relationships between terms.
6. Begin your search (e.g., in the library catalog, electronic databases, Internet).
7. Review your search results.
8. Revise & refine your search based on the initial findings.
*Boolean logic provides three ways search terms/phrases can be combined, using the following three operators: AND, OR, and NOT.
This guide is being updated! Check back at the end of July.