3 Reasons why managing your data is important:
- Save Time:
- Properly managed data is more quickly and easily found when needed in the course of your research.
- Many data sets can only be collected once. Managing your data can help prevent loss of the entire experiment through human error, machine error or natural disaster.
- Meet Funder and Journal Requirements:
- Many funders require specific data management practices.
- Journals are starting to require that researchers make accessible the data underlying their results.
- Facilitate New Discoveries:
- Well organized and openly shared data is more likely to be cited and re-used by future researchers.