Welcome to the guide for distance education library services! Our goal is to provide equitable library services for students and faculty off campus. As a student or faculty member at UM, you are entitled to useful and easy to use library services and resources no matter where you are.
Please explore the services listed in the tabs above, and let me know via the contact information to the right if there's anything I can do for you.
What's New @ the Library
Distance Education Library Services
Who is Eligible for These Services?
Distance Education Library Services are provided to students who are currently enrolled in UM-Missoula Distance Learning off-campus courses. Off-campus courses are defined as those UM-Missoula courses that are received or taught away from the Missoula campus. Some distance education services are not available to students registered for classes on the Missoula campus (book delivery) or to individuals not affiliated with The University of Montana-Missoula. Please contact Samantha Hines, the Distance Education Coordinator, with any questions.
Need Research Help?
- Contact Samantha Hines, Distance Education Coordinator, or your specific department's librarian with questions about services and resources.
- For faster service, Ask a Librarian via email anytime for assistance.
- For even faster service, Ask a Librarian via toll free number (1.800.240.4939) or via chat from our website during library hours for assistance.
- Visit the Research Planner for guidance and time management strategies for your research papers and projects.
- Take LIB200, a one-credit online course on how to research and use the library at a distance. This is offered in the fall and spring semesters via UMOnline.
Articles placed on reserve can be accessed at Course Reserve Materials.
Missoula College Librarian
Mansfield Library @ Missoula College
Generally available from 8:30 to 4:30 M-F