Start Here \ Best Databases
- ACM Digital Library - Computer science papers and publications.
- ArXiv.org - Research papers and preprints in physics, mathematics, computer science, nonlinear sciences, and quantitative biology.
- Google Scholar - Scholarly literature across many disciplines and sources.
- Web of Science - Multidisciplinary index.
Other Relevant Databases
- Academic Search Complete - Multidisciplinary, full-text database.
- Cite Seer - Digital library and search engine that focuses primarily on the literature in computer and information science.
- IEEE Xplore Digital Library - Digital library and search engine that focuses primarily on the literature in electrical engineering, computer science and electronics.
- MathSciNet - Mathematics and statistics literature produced by the American Mathematical Society.
- Science.gov - Gateway to U.S. government science information.
To Browse Titles or Journals by Subject, click here: Mansfield Library Journals.
Browse or Search Ejournal Packages (NOTE: Some allow keyword searching of article fulltext):
For an explanation of Popular vs. Scholarly (magazines versus research journals) click here: Popular vs. Scholarly.
For an explanation of Peer Review click here: Peer Review in 5 Minutes.
For an overview of placing article alerts click here: Article Alerts.
- The University of Montana Catalog - All time periods: Books, Media, Government Documents, etc.
- Safari Technical Books Online - Library of digital books featuring thousands of up-to-date IT and Computer titles whose contents are searchable and can be printed or emailed.
- Springer Ebooks - Academic ebooks, Fulltext (with pdf), from 2005 - present, in Behavioral Science; Biomedical & Life Sciences; Business & Economics; Earth & Environmental Science; Humanities, Social Sciences & Law; Mathematics and Statistics; and Physics & Astronomy.
- WorldCat - All time periods; Library Union Catalog; Books, Media, Government Documents, etc.
- Google Book Search - Snippet and full-text views of books as they are scanned by the Google Book Project.
For search hints, take a look at: UM Catalog Help.
Main Dewey Decimal call numbers for browsing Computer Science materials in the Mansfield Library book stacks in the stacks or library catalog: 000-009.
For a detailed view of Dewey Decimal call numbers click on: Dewey Decimal Classification Summaries.
Head, Access & Collection Services
Mansfield Library, The University of Montana
32 Campus Drive. #9936
Missoula, MT 59812-9936
406-243-6811; Office ML 327